Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Vineyards!

My friend Monique hinted I should post about our Thanksgiving weekend getaway.

Here I am in a pumpkin field with my friend Helene!
Enjoying the vineyards!
Marechal Foch raisins (I think)!
Friends - Helene et Jimmy!
Helene and me again!
Me and my bf!

We had a fun weekend! We planned this back in August as a surprise for Jimmy's birthday in October! It started on Friday night with a surprise party with 20 friends downtown. The next morning, we left for the vineyards which were about 3 hours away, maybe a little more. We visited 8 vineyards in total. We had many tastings and ate great food. One night, we had a nice six course meal dinner paired with wine organised by two chefs. The pairing was awesome. I began to like white wine. I usually drink red only. But with what we learned and with the ones we tasted, some whites I now like. We enjoyed a relaxing weekend. Staying in a Bed and Breakfast was also nice. 

:)

As per another request from my friend Monique in one of her posts, here are the decorations I presently have in my home for Fall/Halloween!



:)



1 comment:

Monique said...

Nice decorations Jo!!! The vineyard is so beautiful. Good post girl ;)